As summer winds down to a close…
I’m getting ready to launch the changes I’ve been contemplating these past two months for the community.
The first change I would like to announce is, we are now allowing more adult oriented books to be selected in book group. This is not to mean erotica – adult books.
Not that I have anything against erotic books, but we will still keep the books on topic about raising awareness in the LGBT community and world at large, we are just expanding our options to content that might appeal to a more mature audience.
I would still like to keep extreme graphic violence and rape to a minimum though.
The other change you will see
- Namely I’ll be posting short IGTV videos which compliment my written blog posts and newsletters.
- I’ll be doing more indie-author spotlights and giveaways to promote authors whose work I feel is credible and deserve more attention then they are getting. (If you are an indie-author who writes in the LGBT market; stories about growth, transformation, or addressing relevant issues, and you would like to be promoted, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- I’ll be experimenting with some different types of giveaways!
- As I’m gearing up to launch my debut novel “Ayame,” I’ll be doing a little bit of my own book promotion as well.
- Lastly, I’ll be making requests for the reading block 1-2 months in advance so I can do the prep work and reading way before hand.
Help me improve things with your suggestions! If you’d like to give me feedback on any of the changes listed above, or make suggestions of your own, leave a comment below.
Hope you had a great summer!
Join The Rainbow Readers Book Club!
We are group of LGBT readers who meet once a month on @this.rainbow.life Instagram to discuss a monthly selection. We discuss LGBT and/or books that focus on relevant issues in the world today.
It’s low key, and a safe place to discuss opinions and feelings about our book selections. Drop in only as you want. Sign up for this newsletter to stay up to date on book selections and occasional giveaways.
Just enter your details below to join the club!